Interesting ideas on Love & Marriage
1. Its not finding the "right" person to marry as much as meeting someone who wants to work things out.
2. To keep a marriage going we need to:
A. Learn how to enjoy each other's company.
B. Learn how to spend time together
C. Learn how to encourage each other.
D. Learn how to have fun together.
3. The key to a healthy marriage is equality. It boils down to a couple living as equaly dignified human beings. Trouble occurs when one person feels "less than."
4. Your in a good marriage when you and your spouse wants more of the same and you do
not try to change each other. Attempting to change each other leads to trouble. It convey you are not good enough. "You need to do more in order to become a ful fledged person.'
5. A prerequisite to communication is respect. Without respect all communication is disconnecting. Effective communication moves you closer to the people you love and does not disconnect.
Characteristics that Create an Encouraging Relationship
A. Work for improvement, not perfection
B. Build on strengths, not wea^esses.
C. Show you believe in your spouse's decision making. D.Mistakes can be viewed as chalenges for you as a couple to solve.
E. Failures wil stimulate special effort when there remains hope of eventual success.
E, Convey that you only want more of the same, and be especialy alert to the subtle ways you may convey to your spouse G. o be different. You married them just as they are.
Six Practices Necessary for a Satisfying Marriage
1. Make the relationship a priority
2. Conduct respectful daily dialogue;
3. Practice encouragement daily;
4. Make decisions through shared involvement, weekly marital meetings; 5. Conflict resolution; 6. Have fun on a regular basis.